Sunday, May 13, 2007

Great Wall of China

This is going to be a quick post. We had a very tiring day. We went to the Great Wall today. WOW! It was pretty cool to see in person. I made it up the curvey part to the first watch tower and I was done. The view was beautiful from there. This is Kevin's view back down to the first watch tower as he headed further up the Wall. The climb was really difficult due to the steps being different heights, widths, curved and the hand rail was made for short people (Dawn it would have been just right for you). This must have been the view somewhere else, closer to the top maybe. This is Kevin at the top of the section we were at. (Notice there were no pictures of me at the first watch tower, because this is how I looked at that point.) Kevin climbed for about 1 1/2 to make it to the top. He made sure he bought a card with his name engraved on it saying he made it to the top. If he would have given me some money before he left me behind, I would have bought a card just past the first watch tower with my name on it too.

Kevin got a nice rest on the way back into the city. It was about an hour drive. We went to a Tea House and did some taste testing. I was suprised at all the different teas.

This evening we went to an Acrobats show. It was awesome. I posted some of the pictures to give you an idea of what it was like.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've bought my plane tickets now that I know the hand rail at the Great Wall is just my size!!!

Anonymous said...

People should read this.